The mission of the Department of Petroleum Engineering is
- Provide excellent instruction and design experiences
essential for career success;
- Instill a life-long passion for professional development;
- Conduct breaking research applicable to the larger world
- Promote a spirit of service and leadership among students
and faculty; and
- Address public concerns about alternative resources,
supported by the development of those infrastructures.
The Department’s goal is to prepare qualified, responsible
petroleum engineers who exhibit professionalism and prudence in managing and
developing oil and gas resources.