Researcher Links Workshop
Delivering sustainable economic development in resource-rich nations:
Ukrainian Crisis: Risks and opportunities for Azerbaijan as an energy supplier and for its sustainable development
February 16-19, 2015
The researcher links workshop, organized by the School of Economics and Management, Khazar University and the Henley Business School, the University of Reading (UK) and generously sponsored by the British Council seeks to bring together world-leading researchers, early career researchers and locally-based policy makers to share knowledge and understanding about the sustainable development achievement problems in resource rich countries, considering the case of Azerbaijan.
Papers from the following research areas are invited:
- Global challenges for the resource-rich countries: international conflicts and the EU
- Resource -rich countries development models
- Azerbaijan petroleum governance model
- Macroeconomic policy framework for petroleum rich countries
- Azerbaijan macroeconomic model and specifics
- Political and economic governance and capacity building in the natural resource management
- Fiscal transparency and accountability
- Sovereign Wealth Funds: Global challenges
- Budgeting in petroleum rich countries
- Sustainable economic development through transparency in resource rich countries
We welcome applications from early career researchers: Holding a PhD (or having equivalent research experience) - and having up to 10 year’s post-PhD research experience.
Submission: Please submit a full research paper or an extended abstract until January 20, 2015 to:
Prof. Yelena Kalyuzhnova at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Ingilab Ahmadov at email@example.com
Travel and Accommodation
The participation costs will be covered, including: travel (both international and local), visa, accommodation and meals.
Participants will have a chance to publish their research papers in refereed journals. In addition, the Henley Business School will provide one PhD scholarship (tuition waiver) for a young researcher from Azerbaijan.
Note: The workshop will provide a unique opportunity for sharing research expertise and networking. Early career researchers will have the opportunity to present their research in the form of a poster/short presentation and discuss with established researchers from the UK and partner countries.
For the application form and additional information, please see Application